Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: upcoming Sonic Divide film screenings! on: January 28, 2017, 02:16:56 PM
Payton MacDonald

View Profile
« on: January 28, 2017, 02:16:56 PM »

Dear fellow bikepackers!

I've been working on a large-scale project for almost two years called the Sonic Divide, which is a performance art piece that involves creative music, ultra-distance mountain biking, and film. I rode the entire Great Divide Mountain Bike Route (2,500 miles) and while I was out there I performed music in the wilderness and filmed it all and turned it into a documentary film. It's a cool film if you're interested in mountain biking, nature, creative music, and adventure.  Here is the trailer: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oYM5_BjUKzY  There is some great interview footage in the film with the legendary Michael McCoy (who mapped the route), a geographer, many of the trail angels (like Nita and Kristen), and many others, as well as some nice riding shots of course.

There will be several screenings of the film in the coming months, including:
1.) Cycle Craft bike shop, Parsippany, New Jersey, Saturday, February 25, 4:00 p.m.
2.) Goddard Center, 647 Columbus (91st and Columbus) New York City, Sunday, March 5, 7:30 p.m.,
3.) William Paterson University, Wayne, New Jersey, Monday, April 3, at 7:00 p.m. in Shea Center for the Arts, Recital Hall (room 101).
4.) Montana State University, Bozeman, MT, Monday, April 10, (location TBA)
5.) Dairy Center, Boulder, Colorado, Tuesday, May 2, 7:00 p.m.

At some of these screenings I will also be performing some of the pieces I played out there.  I would be honored to have you there if you're available. This is a family-friendly film and you are most welcome to bring friends and family.

For specifics for each event please see my website: http://www.sonicdivide.com

Thank you, and I hope your riding and all else is going well!
Payton

Topic Name: upcoming Sonic Divide film screenings! Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 05:09:30 PM
TigerT

View Profile
Re:
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2017, 05:09:30 PM »

Very cool, are you sharing your full film by any chance? I remember seeing your original post before you went on your tour and thought you were a bit crazy. Haha

Though with the trailer I see what your vision was for the film now.

I live in Alberta, so no way I can see it. Are you going to submit your film to the Banff film festival?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Topic Name: upcoming Sonic Divide film screenings! Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 12:57:28 PM
offroute

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 06, 2017, 12:57:28 PM »

Very cool, Payton. Thanks for the update thumbsup

Topic Name: upcoming Sonic Divide film screenings! Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 01:37:19 PM
Payton MacDonald

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 06, 2017, 01:37:19 PM »

Hi Tiger T,

In the next few months I will begin shopping it around to film festivals.  If we are lucky enough to land it at a few places I think the deal is that we'll have to wait to get it up online until after the festival premieres.  So I'm not sure about the timeline on all of this since it's my first full-length film, but I think it will be up online for the public by the end of the year or next year sometime.  If the timing works out I will definitely submit it to the Banff film festival. 

Thanks,
Payton

Very cool, are you sharing your full film by any chance? I remember seeing your original post before you went on your tour and thought you were a bit crazy. Haha

Though with the trailer I see what your vision was for the film now.

I live in Alberta, so no way I can see it. Are you going to submit your film to the Banff film festival?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: