Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Bike for bikepacking and future proofing it on: July 28, 2020, 02:29:14 PM
ondera

View Profile
« on: July 28, 2020, 02:29:14 PM »

Hello everyone,

I admit i am a newbie to the bikepacking world, though i am avid cyclist, and triathlete, and never had a mountain bike or rode in anywhere close to dirt. I need some sincere suggestions about what my next bike could be for what i am thinking, i know it may be totally stupid to ask, but i need to start somewhere.

Currently, i have a Cervelo S3 and have used R3 as road bike, and Cervelo P2/P3 for my tribike, just to give you an idea of what my choices have been for the last 10 years. Then, what i am thinking to do, is:

- be able to pack stuff and go to anywhere from an overnight trip to local state park to camp,
- be able to gain experience on wherever my bike takes me to, with a goal of enjoying more demanding, Great Divide, Transcontinental rides (this option may suggest 2 different realms and bikes)
- be still able to use the bike as gravel, road, and/or participate any non-technical mountain bike trails

I have done a fair bit of bike selection, but i may be totally wrong for one reason or another. Following are the bikes i saw, but open to any suggestion,

Could you please suggest/recommend what bike fits for what reason? Things to avoid, ...etc.

Thanks so much in advance, and hopefully share more ideas in my education on this journey,

Regards, Onder

* Bikes for Bikepacking.png (141.48 KB, 946x704 - viewed 154 times.)

Topic Name: Bike for bikepacking and future proofing it Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 06:08:59 AM
Lentamentalisk

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2020, 06:08:59 AM »

You can't go wrong with a Cutthroat

Topic Name: Bike for bikepacking and future proofing it Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 06:23:55 AM
ondera

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2020, 06:23:55 AM »

Thank you!
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: