Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Clark Jungle Hammock on: January 03, 2010, 05:41:35 AM
Ocho

View Profile
« on: January 03, 2010, 05:41:35 AM »

Any one ever try one? All I ever see or hear about in the bikepacking world is the Hennessy. I'm not pro one or another but before I purchase one, I wanted to ask around. http://www.junglehammock.com/models/northamerican/index.php

Thanks.

------------------------
Wally

Topic Name: Clark Jungle Hammock Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 06:36:21 AM
bmike-vt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2010, 06:36:21 AM »

Do a search for hammockforums.  Lots of info on all the various makes and models...

I'm a HH user and am happy - but haven't tried other makes...

Topic Name: Clark Jungle Hammock Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 09:18:45 AM
sherpaxc

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2010, 09:18:45 AM »

While those are well built hammocks, I personally think they are to expensive and to heavy for bikepacking.  I would agree, check out the Hammock Forums (hammockforums.net).  That is a great site.  They are VERY helpful on there.  I would recommend a mosquito hammock or a Warbonnet Blackbird before a Clark.  Look around, there are a LOT of hammock makers out there, or you could make one yourself for around $20.  I use a homemade hammock and love it.

Topic Name: Clark Jungle Hammock Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 09:44:36 AM
Slowerthensnot

Have fun and go far

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: January 03, 2010, 09:44:36 AM »

Unless your in the desert Smiley

Topic Name: Clark Jungle Hammock Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 06:29:30 PM
Mike Brown

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 05, 2010, 06:29:30 PM »

Claytor!!

www.mosquitohammock.com

not the lightest, but I cannot say enough good things about it...properly set-up, more comfortable than my $1000 tempurpedic mattress...

Topic Name: Clark Jungle Hammock Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 06:51:15 PM
k7

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 24, 2010, 06:51:15 PM »

Unless your in the desert Smiley

Yep - then it becomes a bivy sack. 

I was talking to my buddy - we're in PHX and I live south of South Mountain which is a HUGE park that's perfect for stealth camping.  I'm not sure if I'd take a tent or my HH but with snakes and scorpions, I'm not a big fan of sleeping in the open.

Here's a picture from a 2008 kayak trip which shows why I *love* my hammock.  I had done about 23 miles in the heat of the deep south and was ready to stop for the night.  Except - there wasn't a suitable site until I came upon an old dock that wasn't level.  Luckily, it was good enough and there were two trees just right for the hammock.   I cut down the vegetation under it and spent a nice night there...hot but peaceful.  I didn't see a soul for the better part of two days either. 

Cheers,
Gerry
PHX AZ

Topic Name: Clark Jungle Hammock Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 08:37:48 PM
mtbikernate

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2010, 08:37:48 PM »

I'm using an ENO doublenest.  It's a modular design, allowing you to use the hammock alone, add a separate bug net, and add a separate tarp, all of your own choosing.  I'm working on my hammock suspension right now, getting it dialed before I take it on its first trip in March.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: