Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Co-branded vs. single branded Revelate bags? on: May 02, 2016, 11:38:34 AM
zuren

View Profile
« on: May 02, 2016, 11:38:34 AM »

I'm exploring my options for a frame bag on my Surly Ogre (size - Large).  I see that Revelate makes a cobranded bag that offers a very custom fit.  However, when I look at those images versus the Revelate Ranger bag, the cobranded bag looks like it is one giant compartment (with some internal organization) where the Ranger has a lower compartment, an upper compartment, map pouch on the left side, and a hydration tube port.  The Ranger seems like a much nicer bag for nearly the same money.

I was hoping someone may be able to confirm what I'm seeing and could comment on what seems to work better.  I'm leaning toward the Ranger bag, or one very similar to that design from another builder.

Thanks! 

Topic Name: Co-branded vs. single branded Revelate bags? Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 01:24:15 PM
RonK

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 02, 2016, 01:24:15 PM »

Yes, that was my observation also.

Ultimately I bought a full set from Bedrock - I think they are better designed than Revelate.

Cycle touring blog and tour journals: whispering wheels...

Topic Name: Co-branded vs. single branded Revelate bags? Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 12:08:26 PM
bikeny

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 03, 2016, 12:08:26 PM »

Seems to me the only difference is that the Surly has one big main compartment with a vertical divider, whereas the Ranger (depending on size) has a horizontal divider with another zipper to access the lower compartment. They both have a zippered map pocket on the left side and a hydration hose post as far as I know.

Topic Name: Co-branded vs. single branded Revelate bags? Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 05:30:31 PM
Bobonli

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: May 03, 2016, 05:30:31 PM »

Email Eric and his team at Revelate and ask them. No need to guess!

Topic Name: Co-branded vs. single branded Revelate bags? Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 11:49:55 AM
Wandering by Bicycle

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: May 04, 2016, 11:49:55 AM »

Nothing against Revelate bags, I have two and they're great bags, but have you considered a zipperless framebag. I had a custom zipperless bag made by Defiant Pack (http://defiantpack.com/) and I really prefer the design. It uses water bottle mounts and Velcro for attachment and has a large top flap that allows for quite a bit of overstuffing. Because it's custom, it fills every bit of the triangle and holds quite a bit more than the Revelate/Surly Pugsley bag I replaced due to a broken zipper. The bag loads from the top, so it's one big pocket without dividers, but it's custom so vertical dividers can probably be added and it does have two pocket on the top flap. Also, at $160 it's actually a bit cheaper than the Revelate bags. Here's a photo showing the fit and flap design.

« Last Edit: May 04, 2016, 12:07:56 PM by Wandering by Bicycle » Logged

- Safe Travels
Wandering by Bicycle

Topic Name: Co-branded vs. single branded Revelate bags? Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 11:30:58 AM
Mr Pink57

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2016, 11:30:58 AM »

Seems to me the only difference is that the Surly has one big main compartment with a vertical divider, whereas the Ranger (depending on size) has a horizontal divider with another zipper to access the lower compartment. They both have a zippered map pocket on the left side and a hydration hose post as far as I know.

Only the latest latest version has a hydration port, I have the surly version prior and it does not.  However I think salsa bags got this feature.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: