Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Coconino Loop questions on: August 19, 2009, 12:18:26 AM
Rob

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2009, 12:18:26 AM »

I'm going to do the Coconino Loop race this Oct and I had a few questions about what gear to bring for this.

First off, Sleeping bag.  I have a really lightweight 40 deg bag that works well for me down to 30-35 deg, as long as I have my arm/leg warmers and wool socks on, and I'll have a liner too.  Can I expect colder temps than this?  

How many chances are there to stop for food and supplies and at what towns?

I plan on bringing two 100 oz bladders and two 24oz bottles.  Is this enough?  I have a Katadyn Vario filter.

If anyone from Southern Ca. is interested in carpooling to this, please let me know!

Thanks

Rob

Topic Name: Coconino Loop questions Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 05:00:09 AM
AZTtripper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 19, 2009, 05:00:09 AM »

I am looking forward to seeing the track for this one that should help with the water and supplies ?.

As for the sleeping system that should do unless we get a really cold early winter storm but even then you should be fine as long as you keep fairly dry.

I can carry 2 100 oz bladders if I have to not sure if I will until we see the track but then they are pretty light when empty. If you need more for one section do you have room in the pack for a liter or 2 of store bought bottles that would be an easy solution.

Topic Name: Coconino Loop questions Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 08:54:37 AM
ScottM
bikepacking.net admin

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: August 20, 2009, 08:54:37 AM »

Rob--

Tons of food (relatively speaking) on this route.  Sedona, Cottonwood and Williams are on the route and have restaurants/grocery. 

You might need more than ~150oz of water capacity, especially if it's warm.  Depends on your timing a bit, too. 

I'd be surprised to see freezing temps anywhere on the route in early October.  Probably only if a big cold/storm front rolls in.

Author of TopoFusion GPS software.  Co-founder of trackleaders.com - SPOT event tracking.

Topic Name: Coconino Loop questions Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 03:45:43 PM
Rob

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 20, 2009, 03:45:43 PM »

Thanks for the replies.  So it looks like I have everything I need then.  Can't wait. 
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: