Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Epic Designs seat bag: Super Twinkie vs Mtn standard on: February 16, 2010, 07:05:09 PM
J-No

View Profile
« on: February 16, 2010, 07:05:09 PM »

I'm trying to decide which one.  I'll be using it primarily on the Pugsley in snow, but would also like it to see double duty in the summer on my Cross Check.  I only have 4 inches of seatpost showing on my Cross check( does this matter?)  No aggressive singletrack.  It will be replacing a rack/stuff sack about the same size as the standard maxed out (800 cu inches).

I will put my sleep system on the front for sure in the winter.  No trips at this point more than a few days.  Each bike has a framebag/gas tank.

The website says if you are unsure, go for the standard.  I'd hate to get it and realize it is too small.

Any thoughts?

Topic Name: Epic Designs seat bag: Super Twinkie vs Mtn standard Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 11:40:02 AM
Damnitman

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 17, 2010, 11:40:02 AM »

your seat height / amount of "seat post showing" will definitely have an effect on how usable a seat bag is on your bike...I only had about a 1/4 to 1/2 inch clearance between the bag and my tire...after awhile on the trail, or when stuffed to max capacity the bag would rub the tire which then wore a hole in it (I guess I wasn't paying enough attention).  I switched back to racks...though I intend on figuring out a solution when I have time and resources...Contact Eric and he should be able to tell you how much is enough...

Topic Name: Epic Designs seat bag: Super Twinkie vs Mtn standard Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 12:17:14 PM
bmike-vt

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: February 17, 2010, 12:17:14 PM »

I ran my mt std on my cross check. Had 3.5" of seatpost exposed. It really has to do with wheel clearance more than anything.

Topic Name: Epic Designs seat bag: Super Twinkie vs Mtn standard Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 12:14:49 AM
Damnitman

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 18, 2010, 12:14:49 AM »

"It really has to do with wheel clearance..."
I guess that's basically what I meant...Typically, the more post you have exposed, the higher your seat is...Typically, the higher your seat is, the more wheel clearance you have...though I think the bigger bags are more than just longer, I think they have more girth...I have a super twinkie though I have no other bag to compare it to...I'm caught between frame sizes with the fatback, so my post is a bit lower and more forward than is optimal for the super twinkie...that being said, well built bag and I look forward to getting it rigged correctly.

Topic Name: Epic Designs seat bag: Super Twinkie vs Mtn standard Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 04:28:21 AM
J-No

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 18, 2010, 04:28:21 AM »

Thanks for the advice.  I'm in line for a frame bag, I'll ask Eric at our next round of emails.  I'm sure he will be able to tell me right away.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: