Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Frame Bag in a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR? on: February 06, 2011, 02:39:27 PM
scooteremu

View Profile
« on: February 06, 2011, 02:39:27 PM »

Is it even possible and who sells one like that? I didnt think it would fit but I would want to take some pounds off my back.

Thanks.

I've gone crazy, couldn't you tell!

Topic Name: Frame Bag in a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR? Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 07:13:45 PM
MattySF

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 06, 2011, 07:13:45 PM »

Have you look at the jandd framebags yet?

Gone Campin!!

Topic Name: Frame Bag in a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR? Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 04:42:09 AM
AZTtripper

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 07, 2011, 04:42:09 AM »

There are a couple of guys selling custom made frame bags both have been reviewed here http://www.bikepacking.net/reviews/bikebags/epic-designs-seat-bag/ http://www.bikepacking.net/reviews/bikebags/carousel-design-works-bags/ Jandd makes good stuff I have heard somewhere on here that they will hold nearly 70oz of water http://www.bikepacking.net/reviews/bikebags/jandd-frame-bag/

If the Jandd will fit your frame that would be a quick easy least expensive route unless you have the time and machine to make your own.

Topic Name: Frame Bag in a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR? Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 06:22:31 AM
scooteremu

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2011, 06:22:31 AM »

Thanks for the reply. I havent really looked at anyone but Carousel. I dont want to go out and get a new bike just so I can fit the norm.

I will check all the links and see what I find.

I've gone crazy, couldn't you tell!

Topic Name: Frame Bag in a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR? Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 04:40:32 PM
nameless

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 07, 2011, 04:40:32 PM »

Scott Felter of The Porcelain Rocket fame does great work. Just received a custom framebag along with a handlebar pack and top tube pack and couldn't be happier. Check out his stuff at:

theporcelainrocket.wordpress.com

Topic Name: Frame Bag in a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR? Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 08:40:43 PM
DesertDog

Explore and Enjoy!

View Profile
« Reply #5 on: February 07, 2011, 08:40:43 PM »

Is it even possible and who sells one like that? I didnt think it would fit but I would want to take some pounds off my back.

Not much room in the front triangle on the Stumpy.  For my 06 FSR, I made something myself.  Ain't too pretty, but works quite well and can haul a good volume and weight.  I'll try to stuff a bit more into the frame bags this season (and will have a smaller pack on my back).  Depending on the sitution, I'll fill them with some combination of bike tools and parts, clothes, food and water bladders.

http://www.bikepacking.net/individual_setups/just-something-i-stitched-together/

Topic Name: Frame Bag in a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR? Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 07:25:48 PM
redtabby

View Profile
« Reply #6 on: February 11, 2011, 07:25:48 PM »

Make a pattern, hold it up to the bike and stare at it for a while to see if you think you could make use
of a bag in that small space. I have an '05 FSR and I could see putting tubes, tools
and parts in such a bag.  I'm doing the same thing with an '11 29er FSR; for this
bike the space is bigger, yet still pretty weird.  I'm going to send Eric a pattern
and some pictures to see what he thinks (I'm very happy with the custom bag
he made for my 29er HT).   On my FSR bikes a "gas tank" turned around and mounted
above the shock (affixed to the seatpost) has worked out for times when I've needed a bit
more storage off the back. 

Topic Name: Frame Bag in a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR? Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 11:31:01 PM
Outsider

View Profile WWW
« Reply #7 on: February 11, 2011, 11:31:01 PM »

I started to make a frame bag for my Hifi 29er, but immediately when I had actually made the cardboard cutout I decided against it. The volume would have been so small that I figured it would not be worth loosing the drinking bottle space.

My bike blog: www.yetirides.com

Topic Name: Frame Bag in a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR? Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 04:55:47 PM
jordi

View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 19, 2014, 04:55:47 PM »

For all of you who want a Frame bag for your Specialized Stumpjumper 29er FSR  I can tell you and send you picks of a perfect fit.  I took an 8X10  picture of my 2013 Stumpjumper and l over laid on a Salsa Spearfish (since that is the bike that Revelate actually makes one for) on the computer screen  so I could see through the printed pic of my Stumpjumper and WALLA its perfect and in fact even a better fit than I thought as the Spearfish rear shock lays a bit lower then the Stumpy ...All I had to do (elective) was trim a little on the thickness of one Velcro and I did take a piece of 1/4" inside diameter stiff tuping and put it on the end of the shock adjuster so I can adjust on the fly so it sticks out a bit more which was something I was going to do anyway with or without a REVELATE...Problem is everyone was out of stock on the Spearfish Frame Bag for about 4 weeks but I got it and its fantastic...No more weight in my fanny pack now its where its suppose to be.  I also use the Revelate Frame bags on my Moonie Mukluk Krampus and My Giant Defy Advanced One and I love the workmanship fit and waterproof destruction proof design Expensive YES JUNK NO

Topic Name: Frame Bag in a Specialized Stumpjumper FSR? Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 12:36:45 AM
stumpyfsr

View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2014, 12:36:45 AM »

For all of you who want a Frame bag for your Specialized Stumpjumper 29er FSR  I can tell you and send you picks of a perfect fit.  I took an 8X10  picture of my 2013 Stumpjumper and l over laid on a Salsa Spearfish (since that is the bike that Revelate actually makes one for) on the computer screen  so I could see through the printed pic of my Stumpjumper and WALLA its perfect and in fact even a better fit than I thought as the Spearfish rear shock lays a bit lower then the Stumpy ...All I had to do (elective) was trim a little on the thickness of one Velcro and I did take a piece of 1/4" inside diameter stiff tuping and put it on the end of the shock adjuster so I can adjust on the fly so it sticks out a bit more which was something I was going to do anyway with or without a REVELATE...Problem is everyone was out of stock on the Spearfish Frame Bag for about 4 weeks but I got it and its fantastic...No more weight in my fanny pack now its where its suppose to be.  I also use the Revelate Frame bags on my Moonie Mukluk Krampus and My Giant Defy Advanced One and I love the workmanship fit and waterproof destruction proof design Expensive YES JUNK NO
+1 for Spearfish bag. I didn't buy one but measured my Medium frame (FSR 29er) and compared to bag dimensions - fit should be perfect.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: