Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Half frame bag or full frame bag? on: August 20, 2021, 05:21:18 AM
ed91e

View Profile
« on: August 20, 2021, 05:21:18 AM »

Was planing to get a half frame bag, but if I check the weight plus two empty camelback bottles. It?s getting heavier that a full frame bag.
What?s the other downsides with a full bag plus hydration bladder?

/new to this

Topic Name: Half frame bag or full frame bag? Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 06:20:33 AM
Iowagriz

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: August 20, 2021, 06:20:33 AM »

With the caveat that I've never used a half frame bag, I don't have any reason to explore going smaller.

Reasons that I like my full bag:
- bike repair gear at the bottom, all the heavy weight by the bottom bracket
- first aid just above that - again, hopefully never needed
- small pot/stove, basic cooking gear
- camelback with quick disconnect to longer hose
- water filter

If rain in the forecast, I might stash my compact jacket in the frame bag. Otherwise this works well for me. A combination of seldom used items and items with weight centrally packed.  If I pick up a bottle of tea or something else to drink along the way, that can be in my jersey pocket or in a feedbag.

Topic Name: Half frame bag or full frame bag? Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 12:56:06 AM
Gudan

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2021, 12:56:06 AM »

I have a bottle attached under the frame tube from the bottom and a drinking system comes from it, if necessary, I can put more water in a full bag. The half-frame bag is used when you need quick access to the water flasks so you don't have to take the hydrator.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: