Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Recommended MTB shoes? on: April 27, 2013, 02:42:46 PM
F0neb0ne

View Profile
« on: April 27, 2013, 02:42:46 PM »

Hi everybody,

this year I m going to participate in a 1.100km MTB bikepacking trip, and we expect passages of several hundred meters where we have to push or even carry the bike over wet stones and boulder fields. And I plan on participating in a multisport race which has offroad biking passages as well, most likely with push/carry-passages too. So I will need shoes with serious grip.
I have Shimano SPD A 530 pedals on my Cannondale Flash Alloy F2 29er, they are perfect to get out of them very quickly if needed.
I need new MTB-shoes anyways, so I was wondering what kind/brand of shoes you can recommend that fit my description. If you had bad experiences, please share as well so I get spared.

Thx a lot!

Topic Name: Recommended MTB shoes? Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 02:30:28 AM
phil_rad

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: May 08, 2013, 02:30:28 AM »

Hi everybody,

this year I m going to participate in a 1.100km MTB bikepacking trip, and we expect passages of several hundred meters where we have to push or even carry the bike over wet stones and boulder fields. And I plan on participating in a multisport race which has offroad biking passages as well, most likely with push/carry-passages too. So I will need shoes with serious grip.
I have Shimano SPD A 530 pedals on my Cannondale Flash Alloy F2 29er, they are perfect to get out of them very quickly if needed.
I need new MTB-shoes anyways, so I was wondering what kind/brand of shoes you can recommend that fit my description. If you had bad experiences, please share as well so I get spared.

Thx a lot!

Check these out http://shop.pearlizumi.com/product.php?mode=view&pc_id=43&product_id=1796209&outlet=&color_code=2FJ

A lot of people are using these. But its a highly personal choice, so try on a few different brands, make sure they're not too tight!

Topic Name: Recommended MTB shoes? Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 08:29:55 AM
Elsteven123

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: May 08, 2013, 08:29:55 AM »

I use fivetens freeriders these work pretty well for me. There's been some trails where I've had to carry my bike up big rocks or over a log bridge

Topic Name: Recommended MTB shoes? Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 11:29:09 AM
FatCloud

Cross check at Briones

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: May 08, 2013, 11:29:09 AM »

I have the Five Ten Spitfire, the platform version of the Freeride (or so it seems) and love them. Durable, comfortable, stylish. Just realized last week that I've put nearly 8 months into them and no sign of shredding yet (and I use aluminum cages). I endorse Five Ten thus far (plus when it comes to skate style SPDs, they seem to be the best reviewed).
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: