Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Sweet Roll with drop bars? on: August 19, 2013, 07:30:42 PM
tranzfuse

View Profile
« on: August 19, 2013, 07:30:42 PM »

Hey guys,

Has anyone set up a sweet roll on drop bars? If yes, how did you manage keeping the bag from putting so much pressure on the front brake cable (I have a CrossCheck)? Did you use the spacer thingies?

And other related questions:

1. How do you guys pack the sweet roll? I had a hard time fitting my things into it. Couldn't get my (super lightweight) sleeping bag or thermarest in it. I crammed my tent, but I had trouble packing it in its own dry bag.

2. Would I better off with the harness for drop bars?

Thanks,

Adam
« Last Edit: August 21, 2013, 06:55:05 AM by tranzfuse » Logged

Topic Name: Sweet Roll with drop bars? Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 01:43:42 AM
JevL

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 07, 2013, 01:43:42 AM »

No, but I was wondering this to. But I got the answer;
''Yes, but you can't use it to the full length of the bag as it will hit the drops.''
1. Just use your weight Smiley the bag is made for it.. And when packing a sleeping bag, you should insert the open side as last, so the the air can get out.
2. Yes.

Topic Name: Sweet Roll with drop bars? Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 12:16:14 AM
Area54

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 08, 2013, 12:16:14 AM »

I use a sweetroll on my Fargo, with 46cm 'chippers, a 120mm stem and DUMPED - the 25 degree stem. You have to route the brake cables along the bottom of the handlebar. I find the access pretty...sweet, straight through the crook of the bar. Sorry, no pics of the exact setup. So use the sweetroll, then add a pocket, and pack out stuff (in another drybag) between the pocket and the sweetroll. Think loading forward, not widthways. Mo' aero Smiley

Amazing where riding a bike will take you...
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: