Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: BCT Assistance on: January 25, 2012, 08:11:29 PM
jaybob

View Profile
« on: January 25, 2012, 08:11:29 PM »

Is is legal to camp anywhere along the BCT?

Is it safe to head out with the maps downloaded from the internet and a fairly keen sense of the outdoors?  And a water purifier of course.

I'm new to the forum, but planning a spur of the moment, warmer climate, bikepack and Black Canyon seems to be beckoning my buddy and me to leave Colorado and NM for a couple of days.  (He's in Co, I'm in NM.)

Thinking of going from the south to the north and back again.  Or maybe a just the best sections?  What's the prettiest, funnest, singletrack in there?

Thanks - Happy belated New Years!

Jay

Topic Name: BCT Assistance Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 06:37:58 AM
AZTtripper

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: January 26, 2012, 06:37:58 AM »

Jay

Yes I am pretty sure you can camp anywhere along the BCT.

I went up there a couple of years ago with maps I downloaded worked out fine. There should be a fair bit of water up there these days.

A group of us from Tucson did a shuttle from Black Canyon City to I think Emory Henderson TH. It was a great ride but the southern end is not the best part. Also I wouldn't want to leave a car there overnight. If it were me I would park at BCC and ride out from there. The trail was good for a long ways south but after Little Pan loop it only goes down hill and not in the good fun down hill way.

When we went there wasn't as much to the north but I did drive up and rode some of it and it was nice up that way.

You could start at BCC and go south to Little Pan and spend one night out then go back to town resupply and go north for another night.

Hope that helps.

Tim

Topic Name: BCT Assistance Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 05:14:18 PM
jaybob

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 27, 2012, 05:14:18 PM »

That sounds awesome.  I think that's what we will do.  Pics to follow.

Jay
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: