Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Flathead Valley - CDN GDR on: July 08, 2013, 11:10:53 AM
vikb

View Profile WWW
« on: July 08, 2013, 11:10:53 AM »

Just got back from a loop including Flathead FSR and Cabin FSR on the CDN GDR.

Bridges and road washed out in numerous places on the northern Flathead, but totally passable on bikes with some carrying and wet feet.

Southern Flathead is fine.

Cabin FSR is perfect and based on flooding patterns I think the Wigwam FSR would be normal riding.

safe riding,

Vik

Topic Name: Flathead Valley - CDN GDR Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 02:34:45 PM
Mark_BC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2013, 02:34:45 PM »

Cool, I want to get up there sometime. In one month I am going on my 8 day epic through the Chilcotins. I'll ride up the Bridge River road and at the end there's a mining road that goes up one of the side valleys to the north, almost to the alpine. Then I hike a bike 1 km up to the alpine, and walk / push the bike 6 km westwards over the alpine until I hit a glacial river heading north. I packraft down this 8 km until I it the Lord River, then bushwhack down the waterfall into the main valley, then packraft 20 km down the Lord River to Taseko Lake. From there, there is a well used trail going back over Warner Pass to Gold Bridge.

I just today ordered my 2014 Pugsley frameset (canvas green to blend in). I doubt I'll be able to build it up in time though, I'll use my regular front suspension mountain bike. (I sold my Mukluk to my friend in California after our latest Sea of Cortez adventure -- that bike is awesome for dune and beach riding!) Hey, we might plan a fatbike trip down a deserted canyon north of bay of LA mid-winter when it's not so hot and there's water, maybe you want to come...

Topic Name: Flathead Valley - CDN GDR Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 05:55:15 PM
vikb

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2013, 05:55:15 PM »

I'll be in the Chilcotin at the end of July. Perhaps our pathes will cross?

Thanks for the offer about joining you in Baja. Keep me posted. It's not feasible to head there for just that trip, but if I'm headed down to the Baja for a few months this winter I might be able to make it happen. At the moment my winter holiday plans are uncertain pending the outcome of my GF's knee surgery recovery and my hunt for work on Vancouver Island.

Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: