Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Campgrounds in central California on: July 12, 2013, 10:27:12 PM
hikerjer

View Profile
« on: July 12, 2013, 10:27:12 PM »

I will be leaving on a cross country tour shortly starting in San Francisco and continuing west through Nevada, Utah, etc. to the east coast. I'm using the Adventure Cycling touring maps which seem to be quite good and detailed. However, I'm noticing that they don't show many - a few maybe, but not many - campgrounds until you get well past Sacremento and sort of into the Sierras. Is that a shortcoming in their maps or are there just not many campgrounds in the area. I realize it is highly urbanized but I'm hoping I don't have to resort to too many motels/hotels. Any other information you might want to share on biking and camping in the area woud be much appricated.

Thanks so much for your help and expertise.

Topic Name: Campgrounds in central California Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 01:45:58 AM
benmtb44

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: October 23, 2013, 01:45:58 AM »

It depends on what route you are taking, but no... there are very few campgrounds in the central valley of California.  I have lived, cycled and camped in California all my life.  If you send me some specifics of your route I may be able to help.

Based on the fact that you posted this in July... I am guessing I may be a little late?

Topic Name: Campgrounds in central California Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 08:27:30 AM
dave54

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: October 27, 2013, 08:27:30 AM »

Many private RV parks will have a few tent only sites.  Usually $10-15 per night, but you have showers, laundry and amenities.
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: