Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: This could change Everything on: December 01, 2015, 05:57:39 AM
geekonabike

View Profile WWW
« on: December 01, 2015, 05:57:39 AM »

MTBs in Wilderness bill in Congress:   http://www.outsideonline.com/2038461/mountain-bikers-could-get-their-day-wilderness

It needs sponsors, if you think your congress person might be helpful - Shoot them an Email w/ this link.

What don't Kill You, only makes You Smell Stronger

Topic Name: This could change Everything Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 07:05:22 AM
dream4est

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: December 01, 2015, 07:05:22 AM »

I so wish I could meet Mike Vandeman so I could kick his ass right off this planet.
« Last Edit: December 01, 2015, 07:43:08 AM by dream4est » Logged

Divide Bike Bags

Topic Name: This could change Everything Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 01:13:20 PM
geekonabike

View Profile WWW
« Reply #2 on: December 01, 2015, 01:13:20 PM »

That's why we need to let Congress people know we want this. Cuz you know the haters aren't shy about shooting off emails.
Find your Congress persons Email here:   http://www.contactingthecongress.org/

Topic Name: This could change Everything Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 09:33:30 AM
AZTtripper

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: December 02, 2015, 09:33:30 AM »

Doesn't really change anything for the AZT. Adding just Passage 1 would stop most riders from doing the course.

Anyone who also hikes can go anywhere they want to. Recently started hiking for work inside Saguaro National Park and it is nice to hike without having to deal with bikes. Just like its great to ride trails with little or no hiker traffic.

That said at least this bill gives land managers the option and I have no doubt there are places that make sense to add bikes. Just as there are many where it doesn't.

It is good to fight against any new closures but it is not realistic to think that mountain biking would not be restricted in some places.   

Topic Name: This could change Everything Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 01:39:02 PM
geekonabike

View Profile WWW
« Reply #4 on: December 02, 2015, 01:39:02 PM »

Not much Wilderness in the AZ White Mtns either, but if some of the many Four Peaks trails between Payson & Sunflower were to open up that would be a Plus. The Colorado Trail might be a big winner if something like this becomes law.
 The way I understand the bill bike aren't automatically banned with the "wilderness designation". The Land Manager still make the call.
The link to the bill in outside is bad, DL it here:  http://goo.gl/DdJhIz

Topic Name: This could change Everything Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 10:01:27 AM
THE LONG RANGER

Hi-Ho, Single-Speed, AWAY!

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: December 29, 2015, 10:01:27 AM »

This would be huge in Colorado. The CO Trail has something like 7 Wilderness detours. Even if the low hanging fruit like Lost Creek Wilderness was given the greenlight for MTB, the trail would be infinitely better.

Give a little more help with new parts of the trail as they're added as well, since none of them really seem to include MTB, even outside Wilderness.

Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: