Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: CO Trail Partner Needed on: February 04, 2012, 11:37:09 AM
triyourself

View Profile
« on: February 04, 2012, 11:37:09 AM »

I am looking for people who want to bikepack the Colorado Trail, or parts of it. I am open, but currently had planned for a mid June trip. 1 Week, maybe 2 at most. I had thought of starting at section 10(Leadville), and riding back to Denver. I live in Denver, so know I can break the full trail into multiple trips easier than those who live out of state. For the sake of having company, I am willing to do the entire trail. I normally am self supported, but can arrange for some outside support if needed. I am fairly familiar with sections 1-10 of the trail. I have hiked parts of each section, and bike section 2 and 3 several times a year. I am slow, but fit. I spend 9-12 hours a week in triathlon training, so cardio is good. However, I have no problems stopping frequently to smell the roses. The tri training is the work part of my riding. This is my fun time. I am an avid outdoorsman, and can help ease a good biker into outdoor adventuring. I am comfortable going extreme minimalist loading, but would prefer to make this more relaxed than that. In fact there are a couple of fishing holes I want to try for some dinner.
For anyone else riding here in CO, I am open to other trip options, trails, and dates. I am just looking to break my solo routine. It is very easy for me to get a 3-4 day weekend at the drop of a hat.  
« Last Edit: February 04, 2012, 12:39:38 PM by triyourself » Logged

Work Hard, Play Harder, but Always
Triyourself

Topic Name: CO Trail Partner Needed Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 03:14:23 PM
bbike

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: February 04, 2012, 03:14:23 PM »

PM sent..

Topic Name: CO Trail Partner Needed Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 08:28:42 PM
triyourself

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2012, 08:28:42 PM »

PM responded too.  It looks like we may have a trip coming together here. So far good dates look like 6/12-6/28, give or take a day or two. If there are others interested in joining us, speak up. The more the merrier!

Work Hard, Play Harder, but Always
Triyourself

Topic Name: CO Trail Partner Needed Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 10:15:51 AM
fastmtnbiker33w

Nuclear Sunrise Stitchworks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: February 07, 2012, 10:15:51 AM »

I'm planning on scouting all sections I've never been on west to east starting mid June on weekdays.  Weekends will probably be helping the wife at various events around the state.  I plan on doing the unofficial race or maybe ITT'ing with a one day head start to avoid the crowd.  I'll keep my eyes peeled for you.  Will you be spot tracking? 

Topic Name: CO Trail Partner Needed Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 08:59:01 AM
devinallen

View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 23, 2012, 08:59:01 AM »

Hello.  I am also looking for CT bikepacking partners for this summer, but June does not work well for me.  I am looking at the 3rd week in July.  My goal is a 3-day ride, hoping to cover around 200 miles of the CT, probably going from Denver to approximately the Salida area.  I'm new to Bikepacking but have done some big rides like the White Rim Trail and the Kokopelli trail, just never loaded down with full gear.  If anyone is interested in late July for this ride, let's talk!

Devin Allen
Colorado Springs

Topic Name: CO Trail Partner Needed Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 12:15:17 PM
fastmtnbiker33w

Nuclear Sunrise Stitchworks

View Profile WWW
« Reply #5 on: February 23, 2012, 12:15:17 PM »

I should be able join you for a night as I'll probably be in the Leadville area by that time.  I'll be doing mostly out and backs from my family's base camp or loops that will take me off the CT to get me back to base camp.  If anyone else out there wants to try to hook up for social/motivational reasons, PM me so we can share some contact info.  I'll finally have a smart phone by then so I'll be a bit more connected than past summers.  I'll rock the Spot all summer as well and will share my spot info with those who want to meet up, catch up, or intercept.  I really want my scouting to be stress free, sight seeing oriented, help build the fitness and acclimatization, and gear shake down.

Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: