Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Colorado Trail - starting next Sunday in Denver - Planning Hwy-285 on: July 22, 2013, 11:41:08 AM
ChronoFish

View Profile
« on: July 22, 2013, 11:41:08 AM »

I'm one week out from my long awaited bikepacking trip on the Colorado Trail.  Doing 8 days for "as far as I can go" - probably/hopefully at least Buena Vista.  Maybe as far as Monarch.

One of my remaining issues is HWY-285 from Baily to Kenosha Pass.  I know this has been talked to death, but I hadn't seen any discussion regarding the service roads that parallel US-285.

Has anyone had experience with taking Happy Top Rd / Old Stagecoach Rd / FSR-109 to Shawnee?  That would replace the first 5 miles of highway with slower/safer fire service roads.  While that doesn't sound like a lot, it is 25% of the distance.

Thoughts?

Thanks!
CF

Topic Name: Colorado Trail - starting next Sunday in Denver - Planning Hwy-285 Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 09:51:54 AM
Done

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: July 23, 2013, 09:51:54 AM »

One of my remaining issues is HWY-285 from Baily to Kenosha Pass.  I know this has been talked to death, but I hadn't seen any discussion regarding the service roads that parallel US-285.

Has anyone had experience with taking Happy Top Rd / Old Stagecoach Rd / FSR-109 to Shawnee?  That would replace the first 5 miles of highway with slower/safer fire service roads.  While that doesn't sound like a lot, it is 25% of the distance.
That's the route that the CTR followed in previous years.

"Done"
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: