Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Kentucky--Sheltowee Trace on: March 27, 2013, 01:57:03 PM
hjknox

View Profile
« on: March 27, 2013, 01:57:03 PM »

So, I live in Durango, CO, but will be moving to Lexington, KY, at the beginning of August for grad school. I'll be quitting my job and bikepacking here in CO all summer, but I'd like to do a little more in August before school officially begins. Any bikepackers out in the Daniel Boone National Forest on here? How bikeable/ how much of a pain in the butt are detours biking the Sheltowee Trace? My impression after (admittedly little) research is that there are loads of sections were bikes aren't welcome.

Any info would be appreciated. Thanks!

Topic Name: Kentucky--Sheltowee Trace Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 07:21:44 PM
aschuhmann

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2013, 07:21:44 PM »

Wow, good ol' UK! A Uk grad myself, Kentucky native, and I left Kentucky to move to CO. Lexington is no Durango, and mountain biking ops around Lexington are scarce at best, at least when I was there in 2004. I wasn't much of a bike packer then, but I did scout the state a bit looking for trails, and admittedly couldn't find much. Cyclo-cross was becoming pretty popular, and Louisville has some pretty sweet riding areas. I think I remember looking into Sheltowee, but the marjority of it wasn't available to bikers?You must be out there now. Finding much?

Topic Name: Kentucky--Sheltowee Trace Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 08:15:21 PM
hjknox

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 17, 2013, 08:15:21 PM »

Well, I ended up not accepting Kentucky's offer, because U of Arizona offered more money at the last second. I was starting to get the idea, though, that there wasn't much around Lexington. There's plenty here in Tucson, though!

Topic Name: Kentucky--Sheltowee Trace Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 08:22:07 PM
aschuhmann

View Profile WWW
« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2013, 08:22:07 PM »

Well played!

Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: