Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: Oregon Stampede - Labor Day Weekend on: August 30, 2016, 08:01:56 PM
E-Bum

View Profile
« on: August 30, 2016, 08:01:56 PM »

I'll be doing the Oregon Stampede route as described on the link below this Labor Day weekend (short notice, I know). I'm based out of the Portland metro area and this is my first summer getting into bikepacking and loving it. I'm riding a Salsa Vaya with a set of bikepacking bags and still getting the kit dialed in. I did a 100 mile section of the Painted Hills Scenic Bikeway a couple weeks ago in 100+ degree heat without too much of a problem, and I'd like to do the Stampede probably over 2 days (Saturday-Sunday). I think it might be a good shakedown ride to meet fellow bikepackers/future bikepacking buddies. I'm 28, very easy going, into climbing, mountaineering, cycling, photography and generally in decent shape. I wouldn't say I'm a great cyclist, but as long as the water and calories are flowing, I can go for a while! If anyone in the Portland area feels like getting in an overnighter this weekend, let me know! Send a PM or post here.

http://www.oregonbikepacking.com/portfolio-posts/oregon-stampede/

Topic Name: Oregon Stampede - Labor Day Weekend Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 08:51:44 PM
E-Bum

View Profile
« Reply #1 on: September 12, 2016, 08:51:44 PM »

Well I didn't get any partners, but I went and solo'd the route anyway. Fun stuff. Here's what everyone missed out on...

Oregon Stampede Bikepacking
by Kevin Machtelinckx, on Flickr
  Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: