Pages: [1]
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: 1 month bikepacking trip in europe - (germany austria italy) looking for partner on: August 05, 2013, 12:36:43 PM
slaviktkach

View Profile
« on: August 05, 2013, 12:36:43 PM »

I'm planning to travel by bike from September to October. Start point and finish point at munich and I'm looking for partners to join me to part of the trip or all of it.I want to ride from munich - salzburg - garda lake in italy - munich through garmisch , and maybe somone can give me some information about this route or give me a gps track file ? I'm looking for something that does not require technical skills because I will have panniers on my bike and equipment.

Thank you Slava !

Topic Name: 1 month bikepacking trip in europe - (germany austria italy) looking for partner Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 07:01:35 AM
wunnspeed

SpoK Werks - Handmade Cycling Goods

View Profile WWW
« Reply #1 on: September 01, 2013, 07:01:35 AM »

Hi Slava, I might be able to help and ride some. It just depends on what and when. I live between Munich and Salzburg by Rosenheim. I know the area quite well as I ride, run and hike all over. Let me know how I can help.

Michael Cleveland - SpoK Werks bikepacking gear
SpoK Werks Etsy
SpoK Werks FB
Big Wheel Racing Europe

Topic Name: 1 month bikepacking trip in europe - (germany austria italy) looking for partner Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 03:42:57 AM
MartinFarrent

View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 06, 2013, 03:42:57 AM »

A lot of people ride the Via Claudia from Garmisch to Lago di Garda with hybrid bikes. So it would seem suited, if you are using panniers.

Here's a page with a track:

http://www.outdooractive.com/de/fernradweg/bayerisch-schwaben/via-claudia-augusta/2810096/

(No idea how good it is.)

If you can read German, check out this forum and post additional questions there:

http://www.mtb-news.de/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=11

Topic Name: 1 month bikepacking trip in europe - (germany austria italy) looking for partner Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 04:06:51 AM
schiffschaukelbremser

View Profile
« Reply #3 on: October 09, 2013, 04:06:51 AM »

I went from Garmisch to Riva last year. It was fun. If you want I'll check for my GPS record. Munich would be one more day...  The Via Claudia is a standard route - some guys call it "smooth"...

Just check for "Heckmayr Route" or "Albrecht Route"... 

Another website worth checking is: www.gpsies.com.

For return we used one of the shuttle services that are available at the Lago di Garda...

Consider staying a few days at that lake. The trails are incredible! thumbsup

I've been there several times for racing - and vacation... icon_biggrin

Bernhard

Pages: [1]
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: