Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 97
Reply Reply New Topic New Poll
  Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #420 on: June 20, 2013, 01:41:24 AM
Canbaroo

View Profile
« Reply #420 on: June 20, 2013, 01:41:24 AM »

We [in the southern hemisphere] should be able to hijack this site for a few hours while they're all sleeping......

So how did Hugh find his form to do this? Is he mates with Walter or have they met on the road ... very impressed with both their rides also Arron Pearson on the SS going great [but Arron's a repeat offender at doing this stuff, though a first timer TD].

Love the parental support for Adam Kiem [Maitland] who's down the back...

"your travelling well Adz.....obviously havnt been eaten by a bear yet, just make sure you have at least one rider behind you for a bear snack."
I won't repeat his mate Darren's supportive Facebook comments..

Anyone looking out for the Saffa James Olsen? He arrived in Lima with Liam 12 hours ago ... and hasn't moved since. Could be a SPOT issue [another]. At least Marco Nicoletti Ity who's been riding with the Aussies a bit looks Fine in the earlier pic but also has been stationary so maybe another SPOT issue.

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #421 on: June 20, 2013, 01:56:00 AM
Blackhound

View Profile
« Reply #421 on: June 20, 2013, 01:56:00 AM »

Canbaroo - I have noticed James' SpoT has been quiet for some time and hoping it is SpoT rather than himself. 

James seems to be doing his own thing, seems to have been missed off all the photo's to date and rarely being mentioned.

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #422 on: June 20, 2013, 01:57:11 AM
Georg66

View Profile WWW
« Reply #422 on: June 20, 2013, 01:57:11 AM »

We [in the southern hemisphere] should be able to hijack this site for a few hours while they're all sleeping......

It is not a matter of lattitude, but of longitude :-)

Regards from Europe,
Georg

Private Homepage

pain is temporary - glory is forever

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #423 on: June 20, 2013, 02:03:49 AM
RossC

View Profile WWW
« Reply #423 on: June 20, 2013, 02:03:49 AM »

They should be sleeping but Alex Harris is at it again. It's 0200 hours over there and he is still moving and has passed Liam again.

The race flow graph makes for really interesting viewing. Mike Hall has been motoring to haul in Stappy!

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #424 on: June 20, 2013, 02:12:21 AM
MotherRadar

View Profile
« Reply #424 on: June 20, 2013, 02:12:21 AM »

Thank you, Canberoo & Blackhound, for looking out for our son, James. We, too are addicted to the Blue Spots, but when they are stationary for a long time, the imagination runs riot! James is doing this trip without any electronics - no phone/camera, etc, as he wanted the wilderness experience & to keep things as light as poss., so, if anyone sees him, a photo would be so much appreciated - he's got family & friends in UK, France, Germany, Canada & the US all cheering him on  thumbsup! We have all been amazed at his progress, & just hope he's getting a good break, or his Spot is having the rest! James - we're proud of you!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 02:17:52 AM by MotherRadar » Logged

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #425 on: June 20, 2013, 02:23:26 AM
Canbaroo

View Profile
« Reply #425 on: June 20, 2013, 02:23:26 AM »

G'day Georg66,

Nice one ...... but we know you're really down south with us cheering the Melbourne boys Jesse, Liam, Hugh and the other Aussies, they have longitude and at the end some latitude!

Heidelberg is a suburb of Melbourne ...

Postcode:
Phone Area Code:03
Sub Region:North East
Region:Melbourne
State:Victoria
VIC Capital City:Melbourne

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #426 on: June 20, 2013, 03:08:38 AM
mathieu

View Profile
« Reply #426 on: June 20, 2013, 03:08:38 AM »

The only dot moving up-front during this night is JP's ghost!
« Last Edit: June 20, 2013, 04:21:15 AM by mathieu » Logged

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #427 on: June 20, 2013, 03:25:18 AM
Canbaroo

View Profile
« Reply #427 on: June 20, 2013, 03:25:18 AM »

Thank you, Canberoo & Blackhound, for looking out for our son, James. We, too are addicted to the Blue Spots, but when they are stationary for a long time, the imagination runs riot! James is doing this trip without any electronics - no phone/camera, etc, as he wanted the wilderness experience & to keep things as light as poss., so, if anyone sees him, a photo would be so much appreciated - he's got family & friends in UK, France, Germany, Canada & the US all cheering him on  thumbsup! We have all been amazed at his progress, & just hope he's getting a good break, or his Spot is having the rest! James - we're proud of you!

MotherRadar, What are you doing in France?

My apologies for referring to James [Stroud UK] as a Saffa, I got him mixed up with Alex Harris who is also flying the flag for the colonials. I'm sure he'll be fine and powering onwards.... I found a pic!

* SAM_1059_zpsda23fc81.jpg.html.webloc (0.33 KB - downloaded 128 times.)

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #428 on: June 20, 2013, 04:07:30 AM
vistaed

Real name james

View Profile WWW
« Reply #428 on: June 20, 2013, 04:07:30 AM »

Mike's up and moving again, Craig still sleeping. Just a ride up Union pass between them. Will today be the day when Mike catches Craig? I've enjoyed watching the chase. If they do end up riding together, who will make the break, and when? All good fun Smiley

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #429 on: June 20, 2013, 04:34:54 AM
vistaed

Real name james

View Profile WWW
« Reply #429 on: June 20, 2013, 04:34:54 AM »

to areo bar or not to aero bar, this is where it begins...
-JayP

This piece contains Mike's thoughts on aero bar's, and the rest of his set uphttp://normallyaspiratedhuman.com/?p=1337
Has this already been posted? Sorry if it has Smiley

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #430 on: June 20, 2013, 05:00:52 AM
Canbaroo

View Profile
« Reply #430 on: June 20, 2013, 05:00:52 AM »

Should be an interesting day, looking at the profile they will have the best part of a 200k TT downhill on the big ring from right now. If they have a breeze on the quarter or tail they will do some serious time.

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #431 on: June 20, 2013, 05:30:11 AM
Blackhound

View Profile
« Reply #431 on: June 20, 2013, 05:30:11 AM »

Just 7 miles between Craig & Mike now!

James Olsen SPoT is working again and he is in a close battle for 4/5/6th, must have been a malfunction or something.

@Mother Radar - James emailed me a few times (amongst others) for advice etc these last months but I have not met him.  He certainly seemed prepared but was not expecting such a performance.  So I am following him closely.

@Canbaroo - was it you who was saying Liam Crowley is Irish but living in Oz?  Did I read that correctly?  Do you know where is he from?  As far as I know I am the only finisher with a Guinness label on my passport!  And I struggled a lot. 

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #432 on: June 20, 2013, 06:16:47 AM
Donald

View Profile
« Reply #432 on: June 20, 2013, 06:16:47 AM »

As far as I know I am the only finisher with a Guinness label on my passport!  And I struggled a lot. 

Although I troubled the broom wagon rather than the leaderboard, I finished in 2012, sailing under the Irish flag.

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #433 on: June 20, 2013, 06:20:00 AM
MotherRadar

View Profile
« Reply #433 on: June 20, 2013, 06:20:00 AM »

MotherRadar, What are you doing in France?

My apologies for referring to James [Stroud UK] as a Saffa, I got him mixed up with Alex Harris who is also flying the flag for the colonials. I'm sure he'll be fine and powering onwards.... I found a pic!

Thank you, Canbaroo, but I am afraid I have been unable to open the image...."Invalid Image" is all I get. I don't think I am too technically challenged, but I am obviously not doing something right! Is it possible to send it in another format, please? We really would like to see it. Thank you!

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #434 on: June 20, 2013, 06:20:26 AM
mtbcast

View Profile WWW
« Reply #434 on: June 20, 2013, 06:20:26 AM »

Overnight: Fred Arden called in from Helena. Pete Maindonald called in from Butte. Forest Baker called in from Lima. He was fighting through mud and has no love for Bannack. Chris Tompkins called in Butte. He got caught in the hail. Billy Rice called in from Whitefish. Cjell Money called in from near Salida where he got Don McClung to work on a crack in his frame.
http://mtbcast.com/site2/category/td13/

JP - MTBCast.com

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #435 on: June 20, 2013, 06:22:28 AM
desertrat

View Profile
« Reply #435 on: June 20, 2013, 06:22:28 AM »

Brian and Leo came off the mountain into Lima last night during heavy lightning...had to scrape the mud off their tires repeatedly.  Glad the bad weather has passed.  

Russ Kipp - THX ALOT for the pics although you got some of the names mixed.   The one labeled Forest Baker is Brian Pal and and the one labeled Brian Pal is Leo Pershall.  The one labeled Leo Pershall is Forest Baker, I believe.  

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #436 on: June 20, 2013, 06:24:27 AM
JayP

View Profile
« Reply #436 on: June 20, 2013, 06:24:27 AM »

interesting leader stuff.

- looks like Mike hit the lodge last night? and Craig in the high country on side of trail. i bet it was / is cold, actually i know it is, it is also a bit moist up there so waking up to dew is a bummer...

- the way they set themselves up they will be spending the evening in the Basin tonight, if they sleep...it adds interesting dynamics of re-supply...

- it is also terrain where big ring and aero bars are way fun, especially with the tail wind they will have when they head east into the basin...

looks like another splitter day otherwise.

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #437 on: June 20, 2013, 06:31:47 AM
annais

View Profile
« Reply #437 on: June 20, 2013, 06:31:47 AM »

So how did Hugh find his form to do this? Is he mates with Walter or have they met on the road ... very impressed with both their rides also Arron Pearson on the SS going great [but Arron's a repeat offender at doing this stuff, though a first timer TD].

Hi Canbaroo, I don't actually know if Hugh knew Walter before the race or whether they've only just managed to meet up on the road! Either way it's been great to see them both riding so strongly. This is Hugh's first race but he's done a lot of miles with his mate Gavin (Wright - another TD rider who unfortunately scratched the day before yesterday), including a ride over the Andes and another through the Atacama desert and up Ojos del Salado.

Should probably mention that I'm another Canberran - greetings from Dickson Smiley

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #438 on: June 20, 2013, 06:31:59 AM
MTRoad

View Profile
« Reply #438 on: June 20, 2013, 06:31:59 AM »

Hey who all is following the Single Speeders??   I have been because of my friend on the race but Araon and Scott seem to be doing great and are near the SS record. Those two have been back and forth since day one and have been pretty fun to watch.  Araon passed Scott while Scott was at Holland Lodge - and Scott past Araon last night and is currently 20 miles ahead of him.  Will be interesting to see what happens on the way to Lima.

How is the weather over there today??

C

Topic Name: TD`13 Race Discussion Reply #439 on: June 20, 2013, 06:48:35 AM
cc4005

View Profile
« Reply #439 on: June 20, 2013, 06:48:35 AM »

Hey who all is following the Single Speeders??   I have been because of my friend on the race but Araon and Scott seem to be doing great and are near the SS record. Those two have been back and forth since day one and have been pretty fun to watch.  Araon passed Scott while Scott was at Holland Lodge - and Scott past Araon last night and is currently 20 miles ahead of him.  Will be interesting to see what happens on the way to Lima.

How is the weather over there today??

C
Don't overlook NoBo leader Cjell Money on a SS. Just had a small setback with a cracked frame...repaired in Salida...10+/- hour overnight stop but looks like he's going strong again now.
  Pages: 1 ... 20 21 [22] 23 24 ... 97
Reply New Topic New Poll
Jump to: